Overdark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When darkness falls... The light rises...

HomeWikipediaGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Overdark on your social bookmarking website
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Top posters
Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 
Anderson the Great
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 
Winter Rebel
Woz2
The Colonel
Rui Hatsune
=+=DTD=+=
AVenger
Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was still on here. I got an email that reminded me of this place and I somehow remembered my login info. Send me an email at dimitripheonixslovak@gmail.com if you just want to communicate. I lost contact with a lot of people on here, and I'm hoping to reconnect. If you're looking for another RP place, go to nationstates.net
I'll link my country here. [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=isaf-usea]…

Comments: 0
GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 pm by Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT
Feel free to talk about anything to your hearts content.

Comments: 235
For all you GE fans out there.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm by Flarezone
Prepare to have your socks rocked. I just found this free online game.

STEP ONE: Find a computer and look up "Astral Empires"
STEP TWO: Create and account and join the server "Ixion"
STEP THREE: Jump into galaxy 47 and lets team up to establish our empire in the stars!
http://ixion.astroempires.com/?ref=ixion.79935

Comments: 7
New Races/Species
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm by Flarezone
As you can see, the choices regarding species is currently very limited. I am currently working on 3-4 other species. However, if any member has an idea feel free to run it by me. These 1st few playable races are probably going to be the most commonly used so lets be original! If any guest has ideas, feel free to submit a thread to the QCIS board.

Comments: 5
Introduce Yourselves!
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm by Flarezone
WELCOME TO OVERDARK!
Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Comments: 28
Points/Respect Mod
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm by Flarezone
Regarding the Points/Respect mod that has been added onto the forum. What should we use it for? Or do we even need it?
I'm all ears.

Comments: 3
I'm About to Lose It
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm by Anderson the Great
This picture thing is pissing me off severely. I cannot upload any photos from my computer. And the ones I've found, I can't find the URL.

Comments: 11
The Prodigal Son Hath Returned
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Anderson the Great
Here I am. Once again, I stand before you. My travels have brought me far and wide and now here I am.

Comments: 2
Union Ship Desc.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm by =+=DTD=+=
This is the description for one of the smaller ship classes. Classified as a Destroyer, the CONSOLATION class is the most common ship in the Union.

Please take note that this description will be HEAVILY modified before being reposted as a unit used by the union.

CONSOLATION I- A short range, high weapon, high armor, high speed destroyer used for planetary and base defense. It utilizes a small …

Comments: 2
Latest topics
» Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel

» Abaddon City
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am by Guest

» GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm by Flarezone

» Antonius of Raspus
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm by Anderson the Great

» Gallifrey Stands
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:15 am by Rui Hatsune

» The Kingdom of Xenon
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:52 am by Anderson the Great

» Forozov of Svoliani
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm by Anderson the Great

» Xenonian
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm by Anderson the Great

» bad things
GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am by Guest

Most active topics
GENERAL CHAT
Rise of the Ark
RotA OOC
Thoughts on AV?
Introduce Yourselves!
Winter Rebels
Discovery of the Chaakas
27th Century Weapons
The United(Or, Universal) Federation of Chaakas.
Eternity Orbs
Affiliates
free forum

RPG-D Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

GENERAL CHAT

Go down 
+3
=+=DTD=+=
Woz2
Flarezone
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:15 am

i know, just stating that a Rebel could be of use if hired here. I mean if the "hero" chooses to go against the orders, isnt that going rogue. the entire faction would be your enemy if they know that you disobeyed an order. The Rebel would be the "hero's" one ally really
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:17 am

Well the protagonist actually crashes on the planet after their ship is boarded by the Purgatus for entering restricted space and they escape in an escape pod.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:21 am

ah i see, then the rebel would more than likely be the antagonist. hired by the Purgatus to help destroy the race.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:24 am

Erm. Probably not. The Purgatus don't hire mercs.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:29 am

oh well, at least i tried. k be back later(like 15 min)
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:45 am

well that was interesting, i guess ill update my faction page to add weapons i just discovered to the list of armament.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:36 pm

(I decided to write some combat protocol to humorously dissect combat against the Winter Rebels.)

ORDER OF PURGATUS - MARINE CORPS

COMBAT PROTOCOL WR-120

Soldier, if you are reading this, you are likely being faced with a threat from a mercenary group called the Winter Rebels. Let me give you a brief summary from our databases:

The Winter Rebels are a mercenary army divided into companies of a few million soldiers each. Little is known of their origins or why they choose the alias "Winter Rebels" as they are not known to be native to a cold planet, nor are they rebelling from anything. What we do know is that they are merciless and bloodthirsty with cannibalistic tendencies. Their soldiers display behavior typified of genetically and technologically enhanced supersoldiers and for this reason they are one of the many scourges of the Universe and a threat to the purity of life. Their weaponry and armor technology is highly advanced, however, our scientists have been unable to trace the origin.

On to combat strategy. When you are faced with the possibility of fighting a Rebel, do not attack him or her one-on-one. Instead, triple or quadruple team them. Air or armor support is recommended as well but not a necessity.

Proceed with your squad to try to get your adversary off level ground and onto rough terrain. Their suits inhibit the agility of their movement and give you the advantage. You will then want to seek solid cover as they march forward to attack. They will likely follow you into the rough terrain because their mental facilities are highly depreciated. You will then want to have your squad begin forming a semi-circle around the enemy, forcing them into the center. Use grenades or suppressing fire to move without being hit. Once you have your semi-circle formed, slowly close the semi-circle into a full circle. The Rebel will become disoriented and confused, being fired at in all directions. Proceed to open up the circle once again into a semi-circle with the open side facing the rocks or rough terrain. Back your adversary into a corner, then finally use grenades to kill them or unload your rifles at them.

Alternately, if you have a sniper rifle, a headshot will be sufficient. Assault rifle rounds WILL penetrate the helmet, but will not destroy BOTH brains. The Winter Rebels have an organic redundancy system with copies of their organs genetically implanted for military reasons. Keep this information in mind.

BE MINDFUL, SOLDIER. If the Rebels intend to take prisoners, they intend to add you to their genetically engineered army. Do not give them that chance! Take the honorable way out and preserve your purity!

ORDER OF PURGATUS OFFICIAL MARINE CORPS COMBAT PROTOCOL
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Hm. Seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:24 am

Love it but one thing. our armor enhances our speed. we actually move faster with it.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:29 am

we originated in Russia by the way, and we rebelled against humanity when they were at war with the shade. we thought that the current human governments were to weak to leave, after the war, the name just stuck. our name was given to us after we set of a nuke and created a nuclear winter in parts of russia
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Earth was lost eons before the war with the Shade,also, your suits might enhance strength but agility is another thing entirely and the bulkiness of the armor would inhibit agile movement.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Ever hear of MJOLNIR armor? Our Suits are similar and agility is increased. We can run faster, jump higher, and preform a multitude of acrobatics basically with the help of the armor. Without armor, we wouldnt be able to move
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:31 pm

The earth was lost in the early 6th millennium AD. An invasion from its neighbors forced the human race to evacuate the solar system and move to a new world tens of thousands of light years away. All other human colonies were utterly destroyed and earth was the last to go. So essentially, the human race had to start from scratch.
Back to top Go down
https://overdark.rpg-board.net
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:47 pm

If they provide that sort of acrobatic superiority, then the armor-plating would have to be reduced. To give the sort of protective power you propose, you'd need to be a walking tank. Relatively immaneuverable. However, what would fit your example would be something more similar to modern prototype supersoldier suits which provide very little protection from gunfire. Especially coil guns, which the Purgatus use. If their assault rifles can rip an unarmored enemy to shreds, they can no doubt do major damage against a lightly armored enemy. All-in-all, to be as invincible to enemy fire as you make them seem, they would have to have several, heavy, bulky layers of armor.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Correct but like I said the armor is posted on the thread. The armor enhances every aspect. we can run at speeds of 30 to 50mph if using thrust/jet packs for extra support. If you look up MJOLNIR armor you will see what I mean
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:22 pm

We can side step, roll in all directions. sumersalt if needed(normally a forcer would do this) and turn on a dime. The armor isnt just a shield from external harm. It is basically the Rebel's body.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 pm

And I'm telling you. That violates the laws of physics. You can have agility or you can have protection, but you can't have both. It's impractical, if not impossible.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:25 pm

and yes i know the story lore, and to clarify, The winter Rebels originated in russia. We set of series of nukes and claimed responsibility. After that we remained hidden while the governments searched for us. When the War with the Shade started, we came out of hidding, from where ever we were in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Anderson, you do realize that speed is our ally right it always has been. Our weakness isn't speed or armor, It is lack of infastructure and lack of res. We have to compensate with using our skills to gain new tech and res, as for infastructure, it is almost like anarchy between the companies but they will answer to Ultra.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:33 pm

look ill take into account what you said, and make some changes to their abilities. im willing to go 50/50
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Can I suggest different classes of soldiers like in an actual army? Some lightly-armored scout infantry and some heavily-armored supersoldiers. In a one-on-one fight, you still have most factions licked. The Purgatus, for instance, issue armor vests but they're only good for stopping low-caliber projectiles or keeping the body in one piece when hit with a higher-caliber round so they can ship the whole thing back in one coffin.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm

We do. I havent transfered it from GW here yet. we have scout armor, light armor, and heavy. we had CQC armor even
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 pm

problem is though with the change of lore. why would a merc co,pany have different classes. You hire rebels individually, we dont give you a random rebel to use. so each rebel has to be prepared for any situation, instead of seperating the jobs
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Well if you're MILLIONS strong I would assume you would operate as an army. With squads and whatnot. For individual assassins, Kronans are the first choice.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Might I just say that; Phazon makes your suits look like kiddy pools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdark :: OUT OF CHARACTER :: Astral Lounge-
Jump to: